1. Wir beantworten jede Frage in ca. 10 Minuten.

    Klicke hier um deine Frage zu stellen

Can I use my PAL 220V PS3 in Canada?

Dieses Thema im Forum 'Aktuelle Themen' wurde von Williamhawk1 gestartet, 28 September 2017.

  1. Williamhawk1

    Williamhawk1 New Member


    I have a PAL 60GB PS3 which I purchased in Dubai. I will be moving to Canada soon, and I would like to know the following:

    1. I've noticed the PS3's details on the PS3 says: "220-240V ~ 1.8A 50 / 60Hz". Will this power specification be a problem for me to use it in Canada since the power specification is is 110V? What do I need to do in Canada?

    I did not find the right solution from the internet.
    advertisement examples
  2. zisselmann

    zisselmann Moderator

    In Canada, the mains voltage is 120 V at a frequency of 60 Hz. The grid voltage in Canada (120 V) is lower than in Germany (230 V). You need a voltage transformer. Some say you can carefully try using your devices without voltage converters in Canada. Most likely your devices will not be damaged, but they may not work optimally. If you do not want to take risks, use a voltage transformer.

    Also, the frequency in Canada (60 Hz) differs from the frequency in Germany (50 Hz). You need a voltage transformer that also changes the frequency, but these are hard to find.

    Be warned if your voltage converter can not change the frequency. Be especially careful with moving, rotating and timing devices such as clocks, shavers and electric heaters.

    To be sure, check the label on the device. Some devices never need a voltage converter. Electrical devices with label 'INPUT: 100-240V, 50/60 Hz' are suitable for all countries in the world. This is often for chargers of tablets / laptops, photo cameras, mobile phones, toothbrushes etc.

Die Seite empfehlen